WARNING!
This blog has content unsuitable for children under 16 years.
Please check the rating of each fanfiction before read it. Thank you!
__________________________________________
__________________________________________


Friday, September 12, 2014

[Fanfiction] INTIMACY - Chapter 23


Chapter 23



Cadu entered the school holding Ivan’s hand.

- C’mon, we're late, man. Your coach will give us a hard time for that, and you're not even dressed yet. – He saw Clara and Marina near the fighting area. Marina had her hands on Clara’s shoulders. "At least they aren’t holding hands." He thought. It would be humiliating.

Clara dialed numbers frantically on her cell now, probably Cadu’s, she had dialed it wrong a hundred times already due to shaking. Marina was so absorbed in trying to help that she didn’t notice or feel Cadu glaring at her.

Cadu felt a twinge of hurt, anger and shame that Marina was there, he tightened the grip on Ivan’s hand. Ivan felt it and looked at him to complain, the he realized Cadu stared ahead. By following his gaze, he saw Marina and Clara together.

- Dad… You promised.

- She shouldn’t be here. This is a family event. – He emphasized the word ‘family’.

Ivan dropped his hand.

- Please, don’t fight. I like that she's here. She is  ... family now.

Cadu looked at him, feeling hurt.

- Please. - Ivan said. - Today is important. I want all my family here. – He said and walked towards his mother.

- Mom -. It was Ivan. Clara's head turned towards her son and she ran to hug him.

- My son, thank God! - She held him tight, tearing up.

Marina sighed with relief.

Ivan was surprised - Mom, come on. You saw me yesterday.

Clara laughed relieved. - But you know I can’t stand being away from you for too long, right, Ivan? – They hugged again. - Come on, man, you're late, run, go. Everybody’s there already.

Ivan tapped Marina’s hand and with a smile he ran towards his friends. Clara gave Cadu a weak smile, but he didn’t smile back. Marina and her sat on the bleachers and saw Cadu sitting on the opposite one. As far as possible.

Marina took Clara’s hand.

- See? Everything’s okay.

- Thank God. I know .. I know Cadu is not a bad person, you know? But he is so hurt, he made ​​us so many threats. I know it was all in the heat of anger, all with a lot of emotion, but ..

- But that’s just how moms are.  - Marina completed smiling and comforting her.

Clara smiled at her and they focused on the presentations.

When Ivan’s fight started they both felt their hearts skip a beat.

- Rock it, my son! - Clara screamed. Ivan heard her, but he didn’t look, he was at the peak of his concentration now.

The three of them were nervous during the whole fight, celebrating when Ivan did something right, worrying when he feel and confused with so many rules. Marina was torn between watching Ivan, with a pride that she never imagined she could feel before, and watching Clara watching her son, overflowing with love, affection and pride she showed.

But when the judge raised Ivan’s hand as he was the winner, all they could feel was happiness.  Marina and Clara stood up jumping, screaming and hugging each other.

- He won!

- My little pet. Congratulations, my son !!

Cadu also vibrated from his place, telling everyone near that that was his son. During the celebration, for a second their eyes met. Cadu and Clara looked at each other happily, their eyes shining with joy at the achievement of their kid, as if there was nothing unresolved between them anymore. After all, it was their son there, they were still parents and maybe they could be friends.

Ivan celebrated receiving his medal and looking for his family. Clara and Marina looked very happy, he looked at his dad and saw he was shining too, but now he walked towards his mom. Ivan became worried, and ran to him.

-  Hey, dad.

- Congratulations, kid. - He hugged him, lifting him off the ground. – You were amazing there.

- Thanks, Dad. - Ivan laughed. – And..  please, okay? - Ivan whispered, and Cadu was saddened that his son was so worried he would do something bad again. He didn’t want to leave that impression on him. Ivan was the most important person on his life.

They looked at Cadu.

- Hi, Cadu. - Clara said. Still overflowing with happiness, hands  on Ivan’s shoulders, squeezing and kissing his cheek. But she also positioned in front of Marina, like a shield to protect her. Cadu wouldn’t do anything there in front of everyone, but Clara didn’t want his anger to affect Marina anymore. She knew that although he had shown he would behave, he wouldn’t like to see Marina actively participating in his son life,  being in a place where only 'parents' were.

Cadu looked at Marina as if Clara wasn’t there, in between them

- I want to talk to you. – He wasn’t aggressive, but he wasn’t friendly either.

- You can say it. - Marina came from behind Clara, who put a hand on her arm, stopping her by her side.

Ivan felt the tension in the air.

Cadu looked at the floor, hands on hips, wondering what he’d say.

- I ... -  he sighed and looked into the photographer’s eyes. - I'm sorry.

Everyone was surprised and Ivan grinned.  He took his dad’s hand to encourage him.

- I don’t swallow you, I don’t think you're a good influence for my son, I can barely look at you. But I shouldn’t have laid hands on you. I acknowledge my mistake, I was drunk, I lost my head .. and I'm apologizing for it. For the slap. I don’t think I owe you an apology for my words though. – He said hurt - But the slap, yes. No woman deserves aggression, not even you. I wish I hadn’t gotten to that point and more than anything, I wish my son hadn’t seen any of that. - He looked at Ivan sad, then released his hand and turned to leave.

- Cadu. - Marina put her hand on his arm to stop him, but the way he gave her made ​​her pull away. - Thank you. Apology accepted.

- Dad? Can’t we go out and celebrate? Together?

- No. -. He turned to his son. - We celebrate later. Just us. - He kissed his face.

Ivan lowered his head.

- Maybe one day, son. – He left.

Ivan looked at Clara and Marina, still a little blue, but he smiled. That was a big step.

- Now come here, big boy! – Marina said.

Ivan ran and hugged them both at the same time.

- Congratulations !! I think you deserve a huge ice cream cup and ..

- Marina, it’s lunch time. - Clara interrupted.

Marina and Ivan turned to Clara with a pleading look.
- Oh, guys .. don’t! Marina! Are you kidding me? - She put her hands on her hips. – That’s not fair. The two, now?

They pouted.

- Oh, my God. Okay, okay, okay. But we'll get lunch first.

- Yay. - Ivan celebrated high fiving Marina.

- And you still have to go to school, mister.

- Oh, mom, no!

- Don’t ‘oh, mom’ me.

Marina laughed.

- Your mom’s right, you gotta study.















2 comments:

  1. Yes Ivan, it will take time. Good job Cadu!;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos to you Cadu....Ivan in time it will be alright all of you will have a celebration and there will be no more bitterness...

    ReplyDelete

Comments considered offensive will be removed.